May 19 & 20, 2018
Copley Square - 560 Boylston Street, Boston, MA 02116
Registered Youth Competition
Events / Stations
Long Jump, 30 meter dash, 30 meter hurdles
Age Groups (Boys/Girls)
3-4, 5-6, 7-8, 9-10
The first five hundred registered children will receive an adidas shirt, adidas sackpack and a participation medal and, additionally, the winner of each boys' and girls' age group for each event will win an adidas gift card. Participants are encouraged to register on-line at https://abbg.eventbrite.com to ensure their place in the competition.
Saturday, May 19th
10:00am – 11:45pm
- Stations open to the public for non-competition, for children ages three to ten.*
- Youth Festival Competition check in at Registration opens
- Sign in and pick up BIB, shirt, sack pack (all participants need to sign a waiver)
11:45am – 12.00pm
- Warm-up with adidas Boost Boston Games Athletes
12:00pm – 2:00pm
- Start of youth competition (age groups will rotate through stations as each age group fully completes their station)
- Awards handed out after the conclusion of the youth events
Track and Field StationsRotation of Stations by age group
|Station #||30m Hurdles||Long Jump||30m Dash||Athlete Interaction|
- Pro long jumpers start warm up
- Elite long jump competition featuring:
- Jeff Henderson (USA) - 2016 Olympic Champion, Long Jump
- Michael Hartfield (USA) - 2016 US Olympian, Long Jump
- Shara Proctor (GBR) - 2015 IAAF World Championships silver medalist, Long Jump
- Malaina Payton (USA) - 2017 US Championships finalist, Long Jump
- Stations are open to the public for non-competition, for children ages three to ten.*
Sunday, May 20th
Sunday morning children will have the opportunity to meet and interact with Olympic/Professional athletes. The children can compete against these world class athletes in the dash, hurdle or long jump. Kids will runaway with autographs and some adidas goodies.
- 10:00AM-12:00PM Olympic Athletes vs Youth Athletes
- 12:00PM-4:00PM Open to Public
*All children need to register at Registration before using the stations.
FREQUENT ASKED QUESTIONS
What time should I arrive?
If your child is competing in the Youth Event, please sign in at 11:00AM on Saturday.
Where should I park?
If you are planning on driving into Boston to watch the Youth Event, we recommend that you park at following lot (it is within a 5 minute walk to Copley Square Park); Garage at 100 Clarendon, 100 Clarendon Steet, Boston, MA 02116
Is the location accessible by MBTA?
Yes, you can take the Orange line or Commuter Rail to Back Bay Station and the Green line to Copley Station. Visit https://mbta.com for more information.
What time does the first Youth Event begin?
All age groups start at 12:00pm on Saturday. Please come early to have enough time to sign the waiver. The warm up starts at 11:45am. Please see above for which station the age group will begin.
What time and where is the awards ceremony?
The awards ceremony will take place in front of the adidas tent in the Copley Square Park at the conclusion of the Youth Event. Winners of each event will be presented with an adidas gift card. Every participant will receive a participation medal.
Where will my child be before and during the Youth Event?
Although we are going to have staff on hand, we ask that every parent keep an eye on their child. Each age group will finish one station before they move on to the next station (four stations total).
Where is the best place to watch the Youth Events?
We recommend you follow your child’s age group. Each event will have barricades (to protect the children) surrounding the stations. Try to find a convenient location near your child’s competition station.
How should my child prepare for the day?
Participants should be dressed appropriately for the weather. Weather permitting, we encourage all children to wear the complementary shirt handed to the child at sign in. We also recommend that your child bring a water bottle and a small snack.
Questions? Contact Jorge Torres at: firstname.lastname@example.org